- ISRO was founded on Independence Day, 1969.
- It was built up by Vikram Sarabhai, regarded as the father of India’s space program.
- Its success percentage and affordability are best on the planet.
- In the year 1962 when Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru framed INCOSPAR (Indian National Committee for Space Research).
- Extraordinary people, for example, Homi Jahangir Baba, Vikram Sarabhai, and APJ Abdul Kalam were a part of this advisory group.
- This board was changed into ISRO on the fifteenth of August 1969.
- ISRO’s Mangalyaan is the Breakthrough in Space. It arrived at Mars in its absolute first attempt. On the 24th of September 2014, the mars orbiter entered the atmosphere of Mars.
- India’s Chandrayaan revealed that there is water on Mars.
- On 15 February 2017 ISRO’s PSLV-C37 sent a record 101 satellites in sun-coordinated orbits.
- Apr 19, 1975 – ISRO assembled India’s first satellite, Aryabhata, which was propelled by the Soviet Union on April 19, 1975
- Jul 18, 1980 – Rohini turned into the main satellite to be put into space by an Indian-made dispatch vehicle, SLV-3.
- Oct 22, 2008 – ISRO sent an unmanned lunar orbiter, Chandrayaan-1, into space.
- Sep 09, 2012 – ISRO’s 100th space mission effectively propelled utilizing PSLV-C21 rocket.
- Nov 14, 2018 – ISRO effectively propelled GSAT-29 satellite from Sriharikota, the heaviest satellite weighing at 3,423 kg targets giving better correspondence to remote regions of the nation.
- Jul 22, 2019 – India propelled GSLV-Mk III, India’s second moon mission ‘2’. Chandrayaan-2 is India’s first space crucial will direct a delicate arriving on the moon’s south pole.
- National advancement: For a nation to be grown completely, it needs to develop at a quick pace in all fields and we can’t hold the advancement in one field hold up that we initially take care of the essential issue of training, wellbeing, absence of education, neediness and afterward spent our assets on space crucial.
- Indian economy is around 2.9 trillion dollars. The global space dispatch showcase yearly is around 10 billion dollars and the as of late propelled Mangalyaan strategic just 70 million dollars.
- It is a direct result of these space missions that we are progressing in the portable correspondence which has all-around associated our towns with towns. Presently mobile has reached even the remotest of the towns.
- Meteorological Advancement: We can figure climate and characteristic unsettling influences on schedule and can fight off any odds to be influenced by any approaching common cataclysm. The best model is the as of late observed Cyclone Phailin in Odisha where around 900,000 individuals were emptied.
- Space missions give us an edge over the counter social components like terrorism.
- The rate at which regular assets are being devoured today, we should consistently be the confident person about discovering some new choices from the yet unfamiliar space skyline. Such missions are a feasible method of making sure about the fate of the human race.
- Space exploration is significant for the country’s economy, country security, and technical predominance.
- Space programs are the wellspring of huge incomes.
- India’s ISRO is contending with other enormous organizations like NASA, European Research Center thus getting significant ventures which is an immediate advantage to the country.
- The spending plan is just 1/10th of the GDP of India.
- Comprehension of how the universe appeared and at last how we appeared can’t be estimated as far as cost.
- Numerous disclosures have been made because of space investigation programs.
- Space research has given us numerous advances that are fundamental in our day by day life. From GPS to the web, to TV and correspondence just made conceivable through satellite.
- Space investigation has a long-haul impact. Putting resources into these undertakings is essential as one significant revelation can change the essence of humankind.
- Employability has been created because of this industry in critical numbers.
- The plastic business came to presence simply because of space researchers.
- The improvement of Satellite Launch Vehicle (SLV) and The Indian Remote Sensing Satellites (IRS) System giving contributions to the nation and has helped India in understanding the need for self-reliance and in getting boundless worldwide praise.
- Because of space investigation programs we are finding numerous things that assist us with understanding the universe. Finding out about planets, comets, stars, and so forth can assist us with discovering answers for a portion of the issues our human advancement.
- Artificial satellites are significant devices in present-day society.
- Space investigation programs help present and test new advancements and technologies.
- It’s not legitimate that we have to progress in space innovation since China and the US are progressing. Or maybe space investigation ought to be a consolidated worldwide methodology as all the advantages referenced above influence the entire of mankind.
- Funding the money for Mars and moon missions just to consider surface properties and structure. It’s much the same as following the group. As NASA doing it, we will likewise do it. That is a wastage of cash.
- India’s general space program costs generally $1 billion per year. In the meantime, spending on general welfare or health, at about 1.2% of GDP, is badly low.
- The measure of cash being spent on space research is in the billions. Should we, as a developing country keep on being over idealistic about the discoveries of these missions?
- Bribery, Scarcity, Unemployment, Population development, Depletion of woods and normal assets, Pollution, and so on should be handled first or possibly brought to an end before contributing such a great amount on Space Exploration.
- From vanishing of Rainforests, Pollution of the Oceans, expanded in desertification, expanding Global Warming, environmental change, starvation, dry spells, lack of food and clean water, we are confronting many significant issues here separated from monetary issues and insufficient cash is being spent to counter these issues.
- Space investigation gives us no immediate advantages.
- Mankind is enduring at the expense of self-assertive mechanical turns of events. There are more prominent issues to settle.
- Space investigation is a man’s dream.
- The possibility of settlement and living on Moon or Mars, as opposed to the Earth, is neither environmentally not financially attainable.
- Moving a large portion of the space spending plan to other segments in proper extents would just promise well.
- Space travel is risky. Numerous lives have been lost in space endeavors.
- Huge numbers of space investigations get failed. Tests and satellites crash, investigation robots are lost, rockets explode noticeable all around, and so on.
- One of the principal objectives is to see whether there is life outside Earth. We might be in one way or another presenting ourselves to their assaults and attack.
- Similarly, we have to arrange, we can burn through cash on space missions if we imagine that these will help individuals and basic man in an immense manner and help in the improvement of the nation. In any case, burning through cash on the space missions, dismissing the uncovered needs of the individuals isn’t at all acceptable.
- The space mission is not a misuse of cash from a long-haul perspective. Contrasting space programs and poverty programs and other social government assistance issues is certifiably not a dynamic idea.
- Even though the space research adventure has profited humankind.
India had set a model on its mission to Mars. As against the USA, India had the option to contain the expense of the undertaking at Rs.450 Crore (Rs.4.5 bn), short of what one 6th of US$455 million reserved for a Mars test by NASA.